Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Not a Stashbuster - Family Reunion Dress #2 - The Store's Version

The 2nd make of the Family Reunion Dress is done and it is as cute as its own button.   Seriously:  I made an oversize button that featured the repeated pattern.

 I used the Tilda All that is Spring (2014) line for this one, as per the wishes of the store where I am teaching the class.  I was so happy that the print was pretty much on grainline (phew!).  Both fabrics had a one direction pattern, so that posed a little bit of a challenge given the tight margin of error in the cutting and shrinking on this 100% (quilting) cotton.  I didn't have to fudge the grain at all to make it fit.
 Once again I am really proud of my finishing.  I bound all of the exposed seams (so that it would be washable again - but the wrinkle factor in this fabric is a little daunting....)


All in all, I am pleased that this one is the one that will be hanging in the store for fondling.




2 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful and is sure to get lots of positive comments. It will be a wonderful inspiration to others in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful and is sure to get lots of positive comments. It will be a wonderful inspiration to others in the store.

    ReplyDelete