Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

A Wedding!


We have been invited to a wedding!  In my age group, we have hardly any weddings - my friends are either long married or recently divorced - and the nieces are a few years away (I think).  There was a time when the fridge was covered in Save the Dates - but last week I got to post a new wedding invite over last year's (DB's wedding) S-t-D.

And, it's a colleague's wedding (DH's work buddy)....  What will I sew?
I am leaning towards a replica of B6053
MISSES' DRESS: Lined dress has bias neck and sleeve binding, princess seams, fitted bodice, midriff, side pockets, hem band (cut on crosswise grain), cap sleeves and exposed back zipper. Topstitching. Separate pattern pieces included for A/B, C, D cup sizes.
Designed for Light to Medium Weight Woven Fabrics.
FABRICS: Gabardine, Linen, Twill, Broadcloth, Denim.
*With Nap **Without Nap
NOTIONS: A,B: 20" Exposed Zipper and Hook & Eye.
I have sea-foam gabardine - the perfect wedding fabric!  (for you millennials, that's a joke - sea-foam gabardine is very 70's wedding fabric - but hey - it all comes back, right?)

Here are my other options:
M6711 (I will need to alter the skirt to be a little more full - I have an orange knit oh! and a gorgeous parrot blue knit - I could colour block!..... maybe not for the wedding, but as another occasion dress!)

\
S2406 I am thinking the maxi - perhaps in mint blue?  (like that's not sea-foam)

V2900 (15 pieces for this one)  DKNY, I love you.  I love this dress - there are princess seams and I could do an FBA... 

They are all summery - it's a July wedding, so it will be hot.... I have other dresses but these seem the most heat-palatable....  what do you think?



1 comment:

  1. I like the Butterick -interesting details without being fussy and it will flatter your curves.

    ReplyDelete