Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

In Progress: a Stash Buster from 1980! Retro outfit for the 4/5T Chickadee

How cute is THIS?

I have this adorable little shirt pattern in my stash, and a quilting cotton donated to my stash by a friend that has cute little hearts.

My machine is away on a spa month for a new needle housing (yes, I am in distress!  I hope to have it back by mid-August) and I am using my torture device known as Brother from a Thrift Store Mother which hammers stitches like they are hairy spiders on a kitchen counter. So - I am working on this project instead of my DS(the Elder)'s back to school front zip Hoodie (M6614 or Burda 7734).  

Rachel at House of Pinheiro has a super-fun Sewing Photo Hop on Instagram this month: #sewphotohop
Today is Day 7 (I just posted my first entry for Day 6): this project made the cut for Day 7


So I will finish her little shirt today or tomorrow - next I want to make a dress or skirt to coordinate.  I am considering an Oliver+S Popover Sundress or I'll self draft a little jumper.  It will definitely have a patchwork heart on it to match up with the quilting cotton in the shirt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment