Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Stash Buster #21 (of 48) - B6163 Looking for a TNTee

After the ***Success*** of my B6169 Moto Jacket (sadly waiting for me to return to Ottawa to retrieve it!  - secretly I suspect someone wanted to keep it)  I thought I would extend another opportunity to Lisette to prove her patterns can do curvy.

B6183 is my intended:

Here are the muslin shots  of a 16D:
Not enough ease, so I am going up a size, swayback, increasing back hip and taking a nip at the back neckline.
Here are the muslin shots of 18D with the adjustments:
YAY!  I love it - I am wearing it to test the remainder of the day and then I will decide if there are any more changes I need to do.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Stash Buster 20 of 48 - in progress... Thread Theory Jedediah Pants

Thread Theory is becoming a staple in my house (I have DH, DS (the elder), and DDad to sew for) [DS (the younger) is 15 months old, and while TT is delving into women's wear, babies are well served on the web already].

I am making the DH a summer wardrobe, and while the fit may be too snug on my first run at Jedediah Pants I have a new best friend for the lower half - what a great pattern!  I will fully admit that I was seduced by the web "coverage" of this pattern:

Katie's version has a wider leg
Mainly Dad recently posted a great version, too

So, mine a blue cords (from my stash) and they are in progress - I need feedback - is the pocket stitching too feminine?  The fabric is a dark navy and the stitching black....

Hey - check out my interior fabric - it's a FabricLand quitling cotton I picked up for a Redneck party costume last year (yes, scraps from my stash...)

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Butterick Lisette Moto Jacket B6169 - a very happy project

I feel like I have been working on the moto jacket all month, but in reality I only cut it out last week.  Unlike my usual routine of buy for stash and work from stash, I fully planned this jacket:
  1. Ordered the pattern from Feb 19
  2. Committed to the Sewalong  March 6
  3. Stumbled on the fabric and received assistance with the zipper at Giroux Sewing Centre while travelling  March 14
  4. Traced the Pattern March 18
  5. Made Muslins March 20-22
  6. Sewalong started March 23
  7. Finished Jacket took pictures March 30-31
  8. Blogged April 2

I am thrilled with the result,  and looking forward to wearing it.
Liesl had a few "extra credit" steps in her sewalong and I followed these, although my hem interfacing was too light to be effective, and I snipped the upper back underlining to release the fabric at one shoulder.  I found the issue too late to figure out what went wrong - I am not going to unbag the lining to investigate.
I think the nicest hidden feature was a crazy back facing process:
  the sewalong had a really intimidating image of gathering an pins (I dislike pinning my sewing)
But it turned out gorgeous!

Overall - I give this project a 10/10 for satisfaction.

Update:  here are some more photos as requested: