Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

Stash Buster #18 (of 48) : Birthday Raincoat for the soon to be 2 nephew - PUL - Burda 9458

A year ago I made a sweet raincoat for the (then) 2T Chickadee:

So let's talk PUL:  
 Polyurethane Laminated Fabric (PUL Fabric) is a fabric  that has been bonded on one side to a layer of polyurethane film.  The fabric is usually polyester, cotton or a blend - the fabric can be vibrantly printed or dyed prior to the bonding.  The bonding is done via heat (laminated).  It is breathable, usually 100% waterproof, durable, flexible (has a nice drape) and is colourfast.  Hospitals were the original customers of the fabric producers, using the fabric for mattress covers.  PUL fabric is widely used in reusable diaper production.
Babyville Boutique PUL rocked the functionality of a raincoat (breathable and waterproof) and a gorgeous flannel lining made it cozy for a wet, Canadian Spring.  The ducks were a favorite, and I made cute little orange rain pants to complement the coat.

So, now the darling nephew is about to turn 2, and I have some other PUL in The Stash:
 

The Chickadee had buttons on her jacket, but for DN I have chosen snaps - Babyville snaps are nice and strong, and color coordinated in the yellow.

The pattern is BurdaKids 9458 - and it is as cute a button.  Here is the link to my pattern review.

 I can't wait to hand it over.
I did a PUL How to - for a bib last year:

I lined the jacket in a cozy flannel, it will be loved, I am sure.



Some final images of the chickadee and her coat:

Meters Used on this projects: 3 - 1.5 of Flannel, 1.5 of PUL
Total Meters Busted 3/16/2015: 26.7





No comments:

Post a Comment