My last mishmash post of knit sewing tips and tricks was a gathering of a month of psych - ing myself up for actually using one of my precious fabrics. I bought an Art Gallery Knit : Tiny Dancer at my local fabric supplier, Stitch by Stitch and I was terrified I might create a wadder if I didn't prep, practice, pray.
So, I prepped and practiced all month. I made several knit projects over the month and finally the last week of the month I cut into a similar fabric as a muslin. When that one worked out fine I sucked in my breath, and prayed while I finally cut into the AG knit.
I made a Jennifer Lauren Vintage Bronte Top
I have made a few before, but with the changes to my bust since my mastectomy I wasn't sure how it would fit, and to my great pleasure, it fit really well.
The knit's stretch and body worked really well for this pattern, and the 4way stretch was a nice surprise. The whole project went well, and I am a definite convert to the thicker knit.
The 3/8 seam allowance worked nicely with my 6,0 needle
The bobbin thread perfectly encases the seam allowance and the cover stitch effect is great.
I graded up 2 sizes below the waistline.
The other alteration was to add a sleeve band instead of a hem; I have marked the pattern to add an inch for future hems, I like the sleeve just a tad longer than drafted.
I liked the look of the three buttons to finish the shirt off.
All in all, I love this shirt and it has now become a true TNT. I'm already thinking about my next one, and I have already splurged on another Art Gallery knit.