Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stash Busting Project #1 (of 48) - Gold Julia Cardigan

The Julia Cardigan is my current most used pattern. I completed 6 versions for 2014, my 7th is this lovely one, and my 8th (finally: one for me!) is on my sewing table - just waiting for me to thread black into my serger.

This version is for my lovely SIL (my Brother's Wife) who is a conservative dresser, and who has challenged herself to step away from her comfort zone of grey, white and black.  I gave SIL a choice of fabrics from my stash, and didn't tell her I actually chose this one for her, and she picked it!!!!

The cardigan has turned out lovely - I hope she loves it on as much as I love it.  She's very lucky that she wears a different size and needed a wide shoulder adjustment!  I am coveting her cardi (never mind that the colour is not the best choice for my complexion - it feels awesome).

I did a neat shoulder adjustment on this version I split the  shoulder and pivoted at the arm scythe.

It seems to have worked very well - and was very easy - I just trued up the shoulder after I cut the other sides and it sewed together great, and looks good on the dress-form.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on her.

Meters Used on this project: 2
Total Meters Busted 1/6/2015: 2

1 comment:

  1. I love this colour. Hopefully it will brighten up your S-I-L's wardrobe!