Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Stash Busting Project #5 (of 48): Starlight and Sunset workout gear

Woo hootin' who!   I finally made the Manila leggings pattern from Seamwork!
Look how cute the cuff looks!  So dainty!
Ah yes and the fabric, ridiculously adorable, non?  It's like I am going to take up figure skating any second!  I loved the fabric so much I couldn't quit at the leggings, so I skrimped together enough of the remnants to make half a top!
The top is a TNT from the depths of my stash:  Vogue 1141 (OOP).  I love the sweet cap sleeve of the tank, and this time I used the lengthen line to colour block and make a rosy jersey shirt tail.
This next image I am including so I can brag about my matching, but also so I can show my top stitching  : the spandex had more body than the jersey, so I top stitched to the spandex (up).
To hem, I folded back the allowance and stitched through the three layers, and then top stitched.
The outfit is so much fun and perfect for my dancing sessions with my DS The younger.

Meters Used on this project: 3
Total Meters Busted 1/27/2015: 8

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see a version that worked, since mine turned out to be such a disaster! I'd still like to revisit them sometime, though. Fun sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rise is a bit long for me but they are great otherwise. What did you run into?

      Delete